City of Seattle Free Outdoor Permits During the Pandemic

If you’re interested in using space on the sidewalk or street in front of your business to add a temporary café or additional retail space, or if you are a food truck or vending cart owner who would like to try out new vending locations, you will need a Street Use Permit from the Seattle Department of Transportation. These temporary permits are free.

Guides to relevant permit offerings are offered in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Somali, Korean, and Amharic.

(206) 684-8090